Ti's the season to be jolly....right? I mean look at those two! How could you NOT be jolly? But this is me attempting to remain positive in spite of the the minor challenges we are facing. I say minor because compared to what many in our country are facing right now our problems are indeed very small. I should have wrote this list at Thanksgiving but I wasn't feeling well very thankful (shame on me).
The Things I Am Most Thankful For.....
1. My faith. This above all else is what anchors me. I am so thankful to have a constant source of direction from Someone who loves and understands me better than anyone. What more could a person ask for?
2. My family. I am so lucky to have a good husband. I know if he had his choice of any woman in the world he would in no doubt still choose me. My children. I mean just look at them. They are beautiful and they are our miracles. The love I feel for them and the women who brought them into this life knows no bounds. I am also thankful to be living so close to all our extended family. It has been about 8 years since we lived close to them and we are loving it....REALLY!
3. Friendships. I have the best friends a girl could ever ask for. The women who I call friends are some of the most talented, beautiful, funny, generous, kind, and thoughtful people I have ever meet. I consider myself lucky to know so many remarkable women and even more lucky to call them friends. They have taught me how to be a better wife, a better mother and a better friend. My life would just not be the same without them.
4. A job! Not my job, although I am thankful to be a stay at home mom. But lets face it that type of work doesn't pay the bills! I am so grateful Dallan has such a great job. It allows me to stay at home with our children. It allows us to pay all our bills and still have enough left over to have some fun with. I am thankful for Dallan who worked hard to get such a great education. There are so many people who don't have jobs right now. I can't imagine that kind of stress. So thank you Palo Verde for such a good job!
5. Sunsets. If you have never witnessed an Arizona sunset...you are truly missing out. They are breathtaking.
6. A roof over our heads. No, it isn't my own roof, but it is a roof nonetheless. It keeps us safe and provides all the comforts we could ever need or want. Not everyone can say that.
7. Christmas. I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I love everything about this holiday. I love what is represents, I love the added measure of kindness and generosity people exhibit and I love the magic that happens during this time of year.
I am often guilty of overlooking all the things in my life that bring me such great happiness. Life isn't always easy....we all know that. But one thing I can say for certain is that each challenge I have ever endured in my life has ALWAYS resulted in me being blessed or compensated in an even bigger and better way. And that is DEFINITELY something to be THANKFUL for.
I do have Christmas cards to mail out. As usual you probably won't get them by Christmas but one day when you are least expecting it you will open up your mail box and there it will be!