Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Friends



So this past Friday night our friends Clark and Emily, along with their adorable girls came to see us. Emily actually came up this summer and this picture was taken then, why didn't I get my camera out when they were here this time? Shame on me! But they are the kind of friends that when you get together it is as if no time had passed. It was like we were still living on Hickory Hall Lane in Charleston, South Carolina and per our usual arrangement we were having dinner with one another. The only difference was there were a lot more Scharman's and a couple more Lott's running around the house. We talked and laughed and reminisced about people we knew and fun times we had together. Thinking about that this morning made me so grateful for the many friends I have. Like Clark and Emily when I see or talk to them it is as if I am still living close by and we are having our usual daily chat. Over the years I have meet some truly remarkable people. People who have changed my life and helped to navigate me through some really rough patches. I can't imagine my life without you.

8 comments:

Valerie said...

Of all the things that the Navy did for us, the most lasting is all the wonderful people we met in all the places we lived. It's fun to have friends all over the country (and the world!) who are the kind of friends you can always count on and have fun with when occasion permits!

Suebee said...

I can just imagine the fun of ya'll being together again. I wish I could see you too.

Mandee said...

It was so much fun and made me really miss the "Good old Days"!

These Small Hours said...

When I was in the Air Force that was the hardest part for me was meeting really great people and families and then having to say goodbye. I remember one time thinking that I wish I could just take all of my favorite people from all of the places we've lived and we could all live in the same town somewhere. Wouldn't that be heaven? Maybe that's what the celestial kingdom is like.

By the way, you guys would definitely be one of the families I'd choose to have in my town.
I miss so much about you and wish you were still living here.

Angie said...

It's funny because I remember Clark and Emmily and I don't. I get the blog backgrounds from www.pyzam.com. It is pretty easy to do but you lose all of your side links like your friend links when you make a new background. YOu just have to type everything back in.

Beeks by the Lake said...

oh Mandee, where art thou? and where are your photos you were going to send?

enginerd said...

Ditto on everything. We love you guys and wish we could be nearer. (So we can get takeout chinese food and watch survivor)

Emma Jo said...

How did I miss this post? It was so fun to see you guys...The root beer, the good times (all we were missing was some green bean casserole.) Thanks for a fun evening, wish we were closer for sure!!!