Thursday, September 17, 2009

What do you do??

Here is the question....WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING BUT TIME?? I know get all the things on your list accomplished...RIGHT? What if you are one of those people who work really well under pressure but not so good when you have all the time in the world to do all those mundane check points on your list of "What I need to accomplish today". I am sitting here looking around at the MANY things I SHOULD be doing but having NO motivation to do them. However, if someone called me and said I will be in your neighborhood this evening do you mind if I stop by I would have this house SPOTLESS in a matter of HOURS (yes, hours...that is how far behind I am). I am sometimes so bored that I could scream but perhaps wouldn't be if I would just get up and start moving. So here is the final question....WHY DON'T WE DO WHAT WE KNOW WILL MAKE US FEEL BETTER? This could apply to a TON of things in my life. Such as...Why don't I exercise when I KNOW it will make me feel feel healthier? Why don't I read my scriptures more when I KNOW it will yield positive results? Why don't I get up and clean the house when I KNOW how good I will feel once it is done? If anyone can offer up some advice to these conflicting questions you will be my hero!

3 comments:

Libby's Library said...

Why - because we are human, and we have frailties.
So If I told you that we were going to come over for dinner one night next week, but didn't tell you the day - you'd get that house cleaned and keep it that way? LOL

I think that you should invite your Bishop and his family over, but don't set a date. Just tell them that you need a 3 hour "heads up". That way you will have time to get dinner made, but not enough time to clean, so you will have to clean now - and keep the house spotless til you get the call from them. Once you've had the Bishop's family over...extend the invite to the Relief Society President and her family. Just keep passing out the invites...your home will stay clean, and you'll always be ready for guests!

Angie said...

If you find a good answer to this question, let me know. I am the same way. Why don't we just do it?

Becca Juhasz said...

Wow! What great advice Ms. Neas! Thankfully Mandi I'm not the only one who feels this way! It's good to know I'm not alone! Thanks!
It's been fun reading your blog!
Cheers!
Becca