Sunday, July 29, 2007

Day of miracles.....

It has been a long time since I last posted but that isn't the reason for this particular title although it would be appropriate! But I do promise that from now on I am going to be better at posting new entries regardless if anyone reads them or takes time to respond!

Here are some pictures of Mother's Day weekend. Jackson's adoption was finally official which meant we could take him to the temple and have him sealed to us. As a mother who has not had the priviledge of giving birth I am so thankful I get to experience taking each one of my children to the temple to have them sealed. There is nothing so sweet as seeing your baby boy and three year old daughter all dressed in white and there is no greater feeling then the one you experience during that sacred ceremony.
Isn't that just the way our Heavenly Father works? Just when you think all is lost because something didn't go your way instead you are blessed with something much greater than what you had initally asked for. The night Jackson was born and I saw him for the first time I knew without one single doubt that he was meant to come to our family. I remember coming home from the hospital and climbing into bed completely exhausted emotionally. Dallan rolled over and said tell me everything. I think my first words were Dallan he has red hair. He just smiled. I started to cry and told him I wasn't sure she was going to give him to us and then said again, he has red hair Dallan. I mean what are the chances he would be born with red hair? Neither parent has red hair and yet he does, Dallan he just has to be ours.
So here they are my two red heads, my two miracles. I love watching them play together. I love how protective Madelyn is when it comes to her brother. I love it that he laughs at everything she does. It doesn't matter that they have different genes or were born to different mothers on opposite sides of the country, they are brother and sister in every way that matters.
I am so thankful for the love our Heavenly Father has for us. I am thankful for his infinite wisdom and thankful that he understands us better than we understand ourselves. I am thankful his answer was no when I asked over and over again to get pregnant. I mean could anyone ask for two cuter kids than these?





2 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Oh Joy!! I love new posts! And what a sweet entry, that nearly brought tears to my eyes. You are right that you guys have gotten to experience a level of love and insight that hardly any people on this Earth will get to have. You are wonderful and we love you all, every last red hair!!

enginerd said...

Dear Lotts, I feel incredibly deprived in not being able to visit you! I feel that there must have been some secret email to 'cool' people detailing a plan to all get out of the navy- I'm sure it was a mistake we were left out, right? RIGHT?! We love and miss you 'Lotts'.
Congrats on Jackson's sealing- what incredible experiences. Keep writing!